THE 11th Elysian Winter Beer Festival WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE 16th,17th and 18th January 2020 we look forward to seeing you there.
Times: Thursday 16th January – 18:00 to 22:00
Friday 17th January – 10:30 to 22:30
Saturday 18th January – 10:30 to 22:00 (No entry after 19:30)
Venue – The Maltings, Ship Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4BB
free entry at all sessions for card carrying CAMRA members and a small charge of £2 for non members
The Ely Beer Festival will be Match Sponsors on the 30th Nov when Ely City and Hadleigh United meet in an all-important League match. Come and show your support for your local team and sample the hospitality they have on offer.
The next beer festival meeting for the 11th Elysian Winter Beer Festival 2020 will take place at The Town House on Weds 20th Nov at 7:45pm. The Elysian Winter Beer Festival is run by volunteers and we are always in need of help.
Please note, as last year, due to capacity issues we will only be open to ages eighteen and over and we will not be allowing children into this year’s festival.
Details of the 2019 Winter Festival will remain on this site for information. The page will not be update again until the next event is being planned. Fancy a sneak preview of the programme with revised beer and cider list – take a look here 2019 Programme Provisional beer and cider list now available here Provisional beer and cider list
Please note; below are the details from our 2019 beer festival; There is free entry at all sessions for card carrying CAMRA members and a small charge of £2 for non members. Tokens and glasses will be bought in advance on entry and you can expect to pay on entry: CAMRA Members: Free entry, £3 for glass (refundable if not required) and £7 for tokens (refundable if not used) Non CAMRA Members: £2 entry, £3 for glass (refundable if not required) and £10 for tokens (refundable if not used) – CAMRA membership can be purchased on the day itself. The venue has disabled access and food will be available at all sessions.
There will be a wide selection of real ales and ciders on offer for your enjoyment. There will be a choice of over 86 real ales including ten key keg, ciders and meads. Also, this year, in response to customer demand, wine will also be served for those attending who do not like ale or cider. The range of real ales will be vast, including from some from brand new micro-breweries as well as beers from the north of England, the Midlands and of course East Anglia. To add to the variety there will be a selection of local ciders. The range of ales and ciders on offer has been chosen to reflect the diverse array of tastes and styles of ales, including a range of Milds, meads, cask lagers and ciders and also gluten free and vegan ales so we hope that there will be at least one beer to suit each customer’s palate. this diverse choice reinforces the claim that we are the biggest and best festival in the Ely area offering the most diverse range of beers and ciders.
Breweries featured include:
- The Three Blind Mice Brewery, Brewery Bar – http://www.imxprs.com/free/threeblindmice/three-blind-mice-brewery
- Bexar County Brewery, Brewery Bar – https://bexarcountybrewery.com/
- The Norfolk Brewhouse, Brewery Bar – http://norfolkbrewhouse.co.uk/
- Mile Tree Brewery, Brewery Bar– https://www.miletreebrewery.co.uk/
- Moonshine Brewery, Brewery Bar – http://www.moonshinebrewery.co.uk/
- Downham Isle Brewery, Brewery Bar – http://www.downhamislebrewery.co.uk/
- All Day Brewing – www.alldaybrewing.co.uk
- Ampersand – www.ampersandbrew.co
- Boudicca – www.boudiccabrewing.co.uk
- Elmtree – www.elmtreebeers.co.uk
- Heritage Brewing – www.heritagebrewingcompany.co.uk
- Island Brewery – www.islandbrewery.co.uk.
- Lord Conrads – www.lordconradsbrewery.co.uk
- Milton – www.miltonbrewery.co.uk
- Mr Bees – www.mrbeesbrewery.co.uk
- Panther – www.pantherbrewery.co.uk
- Papworth – www.papworthbrewery.com
- Purple Cow – www.purplecowbrewing.co.uk
- Shiny – www.shinybrewing.com
- Turpins – www.turpinsbrewery.co.uk
- Two Rivers – www.tworiversbrewing.com
- Tydd Steam – www.tyddsteam.co.uk
- Wellend – www.wellandbrewery.co.uk
Others still to be confirmed…….
Programmes will be available on the day which will also list all the beers available – please make your selection before arriving at the bar and have a second choice available should your first choice not be available. If you want to relive the 2016, 2017 and 2018 festivals, reminisce over the beers you enjoyed or simply to see what was on offer in previous years take a look at the programmes from these events 2016 Programme 2017 Programme 2018 Beer/Cider list Alternatively take a look at the Winter edition of our 2017 Ely Isle Ale Magazine for some interesting articles, a crossword and most importantly the Golden Route which will enable you to visit all of the Public Houses in Ely.
If you wish to see the Press Release – it is available here press release winter 2018 final
Many thanks must go to the Sponsors of this event:
- T Shirts – 3At3 Real Ale and Craft Beer Café – www.3At3CraftBeer.co.uk
- Pint glasses – The Prince Albert Public House https://www.facebook.com/pg/PrinceAlbertEly/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item and
- Half pint glasses – The Three Blind Mice Brewery http://www.imxprs.com/free/threeblindmice/three-blind-mice-brewery
Please note that many details for the festival are subject to change and this website will be updated as and when details are known or change – please regard all information as provisional.
If anyone is considering staying over either on the Thursday or Friday night and fancy somewhere different to stay, The Waternimf a Dutch barge, providing luxury accommodation, moored on the river near to the Maltings, have agreed a special offer of £99 a night, per room, including breakfast. Please quote BEER FESTIVAL.
For more details see http://www.elycamrabeerfest.com
The views expressed on this website are not necessarily those of the Campaign for Real Ale Ltd. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information on the web site is accurate and up to date, no responsibility for errors and omissions can be accepted.